For my first post I wanted to introduce myself and tell you a little bit about me and my life. I also wanted to do a 2018 summary post because it’s going to be something I will hopefully look back on.
So I thought why not combine the two! So this is me, summarising both myself and 2018.
First things first, I’m Becky, I’m 22, and I live in England. *waves Union Jack*
I have a pup called Zara, well she’s not really a pup, she’s 5, but every dog is a pup in my eyes. I’m currently studying at college doing an access course made up of Psychology, Sociology, English Lit, and Advanced Study Skills. I’m hoping to go on to study at Liverpool Hope University studying Politics and English.
I suffer with Depression, Anxiety, Borderline Personality Disorder, Fibromyalgia, and currently have 3 slipped discs yay! These have a massive impact on my life although I try not to let it. I’m sure I’ll write more on these at a later stage.
This is my second atempt at a blog, I’m hoping it will be much more successful than the last one, but this time I think I care less and I’m writing more for myself, which will hopefully make a difference.
Lastly, I’m going to finish off with a bullet point dump of everything that happened in 2018, hopefully it will give you some what of an insight into me and my life.
- Finally completed my GCSE’s!
- Started my access course in September.
- Started DBT (Dialectical Behaviour Therapy) to hopefully help with my BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder).
- Found a man /shocking I know/ we became official 7th December.
- Told my parents something I thought I would never be able to tell them, and it actually went kind of okay. 🙂
- Grew garlic successfully for the first time.
- Worked hard with my support workers to become as independant as possible.
- Lost 12lbs! Amazing considering I’ve yo-yoed all year and binge when I feel shite.
- Got a Cactus called Gregg. He’s beautiful and flowers massive white flowers.
- Passed my driving test and got a car! He’s kinda broken but he keeps me going, thanks Pig.
- Spoke at and participated in St Basil’s Shakespear Sleepout, it was beautiful.
- Been involved with the National Youth Voice which includes all sorts of things, most recently including P.I.E. training.
- Became an Aunt, shoutout to Luis ❤
- Applied to university, who would’ve thought that would ever be possible 😀
- Made many new friends, something else I didn’t think would ever happen.
- Began to believe in myself – the most important thing of all.
It’s not been the best year ever, but it’s actually quite refreshing to look back on the things I’ve achieved. I hope you’ve all had the best year you could’ve had, and hopefully 2019 is even bigger and better.
With love, Becky.